ECP checklist: "Setting up a company pitch"
The virtual ECP gives you the possibility that you can perfectly prepare your company pitch and use it multiple times. Disruptive influences of a face-to-face event are eliminated.
We would like to give you the tips from the ECP team for your optimal preparation.
- Think of a script. 6 minutes for startups (<5 years) and medium-sized companies (<10 years), or 15 minutes for all other large companies and organizations are a short period.
- Choose a friendly background that doesn't distract.
- Use the technical possibilities to display yourself and your presentation at the same time.
- Illuminate your setting well.
- If necessary, use a green screen to optimize the setting with a background image.
- Speak clearly.
- Avoid technical terms or limit their use. A brief explanation is helpful. Note that the ECP is very interdisciplinary. Everyone has their own area of expertise and is still learning in other areas, such as your expert topic.
- Structure your pitch clearly.
- Choose a short introduction.
- Avoid too detailed (historical) explanations or technical explanations.
- At the beginning, say which target group you are addressing, which contacts you are looking for.
- Point out how to keep in touch with you. You may also have a LinkedIn profile and look forward to an inquiry there.
- Practice your presentation.
- Choose your best video for presentation at the ECP.
- Advertise your presentation on your social media channels.